STEER & CO. offers a full range of services when it comes to the letting and management of your property.
For ease of reference, we have detailed our services as follows:
Procurement of Tenant
- View your property and give you a report on the suggested market rental.
- Check our data base of applicants for a suitable tenant
- Market and show the property to prospective applicants
- Screen all applicants by means of credit checks, personal references and income confirmation.
- Place a tenant who meets the necessary criteria as well as the tenant mix of the property
- Collect the deposit, first month’s rent and administration fees from the tenant
- Once monies have been received, draw up the Lease Agreement and ensure correct signature and administration of the contract.
- Payment of the rental into the Lessor’s bank account
- Retain the Tenant’s deposit in our Trust Account
- Initial inspection of the property with the Tenant and the supply of such report to the Owner
6 month Lease : 50% plus VAT of the first months rental
12 month Lease : 6% plus VAT of the annual rental
Please note that the minimum commission rate will be 50% plus VAT of the first months rental, or 6% plus VAT of the annual rental, whichever is the greater.
Managing Your Property
All of the above tenant placement services, plus:
- Collection of monthly rental
- Credit control for late payment/non payment of rental
- Payment of levies, rates etc at the request of the Lessor
- Payment of rental into the Lessor’s account
- Monthly statements detailing income and expenditure
- Organizing of emergency repairs
- An optional service of advising on and project management of renovations to your property at a cost of 10% plus VAT of the contract price
- Advice on legal options available to the Lessor in the case of breach of the Lease by the tenant
- Negotiating the lease renewal and rental escalation with the tenant
- Inspection of the property at the end of the Lease period as well as advice on maintenance and repairs required.
- Reconciling of the tenants deposit once the property has been inspected and any damages and/or cleaning has been completed.
- Arranging insurance on properties where necessary
Single Residential Units:
Blocks of Flats:
This commission rate is negotiable dependent on the number of blocks and the amount of units.
Please note that the owner is responsible for drawing up a full inventory of all items and that there will be an additional charge for the checking of this inventory at the end of the Lease Period.
For Single Residential Units, please contact Property Portfolio Manager, Margi Daly to discuss your needs, on 021 426 1026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Blocks of Flats, please contact Property Portfolio Manager, Nina van der Spuy to discuss your needs, on 021 426 1026 or email email@example.com